Our focus at McLeod is on learning, kindness and caring.
Proud to be McLeod characteristics :
– focus on the BC Ministry of Education social responsibility healthy relationships performance standards with classroom lessons, weekly questions and school-wide assemblies
– improving classroom and school climate
– intentional social/emotional learning
– peaceful and inclusive focus (anti-bullying)
– respect ourselves, others and property = responsibility
Our programs to enhance citizenship are:
Selected grade 6 students mentor and support kindergarten and new McLeod students throughout the year.
Our grade 6 students are the voice for our school at lunch time. When you call the school you be welcomed by " McLeod Elementary School. Student helper speaking. How may I help you?"
Our grade 4 to 6 students look after our primary classes while they eat lunch.
Our grade 3 to 6 students help supervise on the primary playground.
ONE McLEOD COUNCIL
Our student council that plans activities to promote school spirit and bring McLeod together.